- At the grocery store, choose organic and local when possible.
- When shopping, remember your reusable shopping bags.
- Don’t go overboard when meal planning. Prepare enough food to feed your guests and if you have leftovers, be sure to eat them.
- When setting the Thanksgiving table, choose cloth napkins instead of paper.
- Decorate your table with natural materials like berries, branches and gourds.
- Recycle your glass bottles.
- Use your dishwasher—it uses less energy, detergent and water.
This Thanksgiving, add a little green to your holiday. You’re mindful of your impact on the Earth year round, so don’t forget about it just because it’s a special day. These are a few simple ways to make your Thanksgiving festive and green—it’s easier than you think.