Last month Allgood Provisions donated over 200 pounds of organic food to the Utah Food Bank. We are very proud to support this excellent organization.
For over 100 years, the Utah Food Bank has stayed true to its mission of serving those in need throughout our state. It takes a village to raise a child. And sometimes it takes a village just to feed one. The Utah Food Bank is here to help with after-school programs and a belief that no child should go without.
Hunger in Utah
- 1 in 10 Utahns, and 1 in 8 Utah children, lives in poverty.
- An impoverished family of four makes about $22,000 a year to cover health care costs, shelter, food, and other household expenses.
- Utah is ranked fourth in the nation for the highest rate of very low food security in the nation. About 400,000 Utahns risk missing one meal every day.
- More than 134,000 Utahns receive food stamps, and 63,000 eat dinner at a soup kitchen.
- 1 in 7 Utah children is at risk of hunger, and nearly 40 percent receive free or reduced school lunch.
To learn more about how you can get involved please visit the Utah Food Bank homepage: UtahFoodBank.org
Leave a comment